Marketing Insights to Increase Growth and Exposure
Marketing Insights to Increase Growth and Exposure written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Josh Steimle The job of the marketer has changed dramatically over the past decade. In fact, I would suggest with the onset of digital marketing and the set of data that comes with it, the job has changed more in the last ten years than it did the previous 100. My guest […]
Building a Good Life
Building a Good Life written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Jonathan Fields Life is very, very good. But, there are many forces seemingly aligned to make it not so. It takes work to live the life you were meant to live, but the payoff is so rewarding. My guest for this week’s episode of the Duct Tape Marketing Podcast is Jonathan Fields. […]
Inspire Positive Conversations Behind Your Back
Inspire Positive Conversations Behind Your Back written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing Today everybody can publicly give a thumbs up or down to each customer experience. Whether youre an Uber driver or a brain surgeon, you have to accept that online reviews are now built into the buying process. While negative reviews can certainly impact business, its second only to having none at all. When potential customers […]
Weekend Favs December 17
Weekend Favs December 17 written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing My weekend blog post routine includes posting links to a handful of tools or great content I ran across during the week. I dont go into depth about the finds, but encourage youto check them out if they sound interesting. The photo in the post is a favorite for the week from an online source […]
How Customer Insight Can Boost Referral Marketing Effectiveness
How Customer Insight Can Boost Referral Marketing Effectiveness written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing We all know that word-of-mouth is one of the best drivers of new customers. The problem is, most referral marketing systems are based on best-practice advice that quickly becomes stale. But referral marketing is important. According to research conducted by Heinz Marketing, 71% of companies report a higher number of conversions with a referral program. […]
How to Train Your Referral Partners in Just 2 Steps
How to Train Your Referral Partners in Just 2 Steps written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing Have you ever met someone at a networking event and hit it off? You schedule a time to meet over coffee or lunch… The meeting goes fabulously well. You both leave agreeing to find “mutually beneficial” ways to help each other, and then… Crickets. Your new partneris suddenly whisked into the witness protection program. She’s […]
Weekend Favs December 10
Weekend Favs December 10 written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing My weekend blog post routine includes posting links to a handful of tools or great content I ran across during the week. I dont go into depth about the finds, but encourage youto check them out if they sound interesting. The photo in the post is a favorite for the week from an online source […]
Getting Started With Authority Marketing
Getting Started With Authority Marketing written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Marketing Podcast with Brian Ainsley Horn Last week I wrote about reputation management: Page One On Google is Your New Business Card. Today’s post goes hand in hand with the previous post. Authority Marketing, or showing in places that people already value, can greatly increase your reach and expertise – all things that lead to […]
5 Under Used Strategies to Make Your Customers Feel Valued
5 Under Used Strategies to Make Your Customers Feel Valued written by Guest Post read more at Duct Tape Marketing Theres a misconception that great customer service requires endless resources and personnel, complex software systems, and outsourced call centers. While those tools can certainly help large corporations feel more connected to their clients perhaps increasingly so through automation and social media bots to jump on quick replies there are still few substitutes for human […]
Page One on Google Is Your New Business Card
Page One on Google Is Your New Business Card written by John Jantsch read more at Duct Tape Marketing Do a search for your name, your company name, your product or service names. Whatever you find on page one in the Google SERPs amounts to a significant collage of how your brand is seen in the wild today. See, it doesnt matter if your best client tells their best friend you are the most […]
Your growth strategy and the true potential of A/B testing
Reading Time: 7 minutesExperienced marketers often assume that they know best. They assume they know what their user wants and needs, because they.Read blog postabout:Your growth strategy and the true potential of A/B testing The post Your growth strategy and the true potential of A/B testing appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
What to expect at B2B Marketing Forum 2016: An interview with Ann Handley
Reading Time: 4 minutesIn two weeks, Chris Goward will be teaching a workshop and speaking at B2B Marketing Forum 2016 in Boston. Put.Read blog postabout:What to expect at B2B Marketing Forum 2016: An interview with Ann Handley The post What to expect at B2B Marketing Forum 2016: An interview with Ann Handley appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
How to navigate the murky waters of marketing ROI
Reading Time: 6 minutesThe ROI of conversion optimization is tangible and easy to prove because it’s baked into the strategy itself. With most.Read blog postabout:How to navigate the murky waters of marketing ROI The post How to navigate the murky waters of marketing ROI appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
Building a next-level optimization program with Heifer International
Reading Time: 5 minutesA little over a year ago, Harper Grubbs, Director of Digital Marketing at Heifer International, began his search for a.Read blog postabout:Building a next-level optimization program with Heifer International The post Building a next-level optimization program with Heifer International appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
The top 3 mistakes that make your A/B test results invalid
Reading Time: 9 minutesLets say you have avoided the 2 mistakes Ive already discussed, and youre pretty confident about the results you see.Read blog postabout:The top 3 mistakes that make your A/B test results invalid The post The top 3 mistakes that make your A/B test results invalid appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
How Sport Chek is getting more value out of its value proposition
Reading Time: 2 minutesTL;DR Canadas largest sporting goods retailer has a multi-faceted optimization program, but two recent tests revealed impactful insights about the.Read blog postabout:How Sport Chek is getting more value out of its value proposition The post How Sport Chek is getting more value out of its value proposition appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
Get your website testing-ready with the Technical Optimizers Checklist
Reading Time: 9 minutesDOM: The Document Object Model (DOM) is a cross-platform and language-independent convention for representing and interacting with objects in HTML.Read blog postabout:Get your website testing-ready with the Technical Optimizer’s Checklist The post Get your website testing-ready with the Technical Optimizer’s Checklist appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
How to get your users to take action with compliance gaining
Reading Time: 7 minutesPersuasion principles and compliance gaining techniques are extremely helpful to consider when youre planning your digital experiments. Of course, persuasion.Read blog postabout:How to get your users to take action with compliance gaining The post How to get your users to take action with compliance gaining appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
Disrupting the norm: 4 ways to tap into your teams creativity
Reading Time: 6 minutesThe worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. – Sylvia Plath To wrap up day 1 of our retreat, we did.Read blog postabout:Disrupting the norm: 4 ways to tap into your team’s creativity The post Disrupting the norm: 4 ways to tap into your team’s creativity appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
A/B testing during the holidays: Risks and rewards
Reading Time: 6 minutesIf A/B testing is out of the question for you this holiday season, then use this time to learn about.Read blog postabout:A/B testing during the holidays: Risks and rewards The post A/B testing during the holidays: Risks and rewards appeared first on WiderFunnel Conversion Optimization.
Pop Culture Happy Hour: 2016 Favorites And Unfinished Business
Sam Sanders joins the PCHH roundtable for a conversation about some of our favorite writing, television and movies of the year.
Review: 'House Of Lords And Commons,' Ishion Hutchinson
Poetry critic Tess Taylor reviews House of Lords and Commons by Ishion Hutchinson.
For Young Kids' Ear Infections, Longer Antibiotic Treatment Works Better
Cutting by half the time that children are given antibiotics for ear infections didn't do as good a job, a study finds. And it didn't reduce antibiotic resistance, which was a key goal.
Uber Stops Self-Driving Test In California After DMV Pulls Registrations
Uber will have to park its self-driving cars in California for now. The state's Department of Motor Vehicles said it revoked the registrations of 16 vehicles owned by the ride-hailing company.
Esther Wilkins, Whose Book Set Standards In Dental Hygiene, Dies
Esther Wilkins graduated from dental school at a time when the field was largely limited to men. She went on to write the manual that has trained thousands of dental hygienists over the last five decades. She died last week at 100.
Episode 743: 50 Ways to Leave Your Union
Today on the show, two unions separated by 200 years, an ocean and an exit clause. The United States has no exit clause. It led to civil war. Europe, on the other hand, has Article 50.
Uber And Snapchat Team Up To Zero In On Your Friends
Now, if you give Uber access to your phone contacts, you could set a person, rather than a location, as a destination of your ride and get a prompt to Snapchat the waiting friend in the meantime.
North Carolina Lawmakers Fail To Repeal Controversial Bathroom Law
North Carolina legislators failed to repeal the state's contentious bathroom law on Wednesday during a special session called by Gov. Pat McCrory.
In A Small Town, Veterans Provide A Big Service To Their Peers
At the VETS Peer to Peer Outreach Center in Watertown, N.Y., veterans come to socialize and connect. Veterans Tim Cryster and Dave Robertson lead a team that helps their peers find support.
Vehicle Attacks Like Berlin's Are Nothing New, And Are Likely To Continue
Using cars, vans or trucks to kill large numbers of people, a tactic embraced by ISIS, is easy to carry out and hard to deter. Such attacks have taken place across the globe, including in the U.S.
Many Schools Train Staff To Use Active Responses To Gunmen
With a school shooting about once every week in America, a greater number of school districts and colleges are training staff to use more active responses to gunmen, including fighting back.
North Pole Temperatures Expected To Rise 50 Degrees Above Normal
Temperatures at the North Pole are expected to be 40 to 50 degrees higher than normal on Thursday. Zack Labe, a doctoral student at the University of California Irvine, explains what's driving the temperatures up.
Marketing Free Downloads: Choose the Software for Email. Email Software Download: Best Extractor. The Five Best Free Marketing Services: SendInBlue.. I want to try to manage my newsletters but I really dont know which one is the best. Many popular programs offer free trials. The free email marketing software offers a full range of tools to help make your. What is the program for Windows? Is there one that works for everybody? No.. What to Know about Mulberry 4.0.8 Software) Article. Free VPN; Hotspot Shield. Our roundup of the Email Services. Part of the email marketing selection process should be to evaluate. We've compared 25 of the best web apps available.. Top 25 Free or Low-Cost Email Web Applications. July 11, 2016 Marketing 3.
email marketing for small businesses: Benchmark. Benchmark has everything a small business needs in an solution. Most important, it. software offers quick and easy tools that can help you grow your business, and we've tested the best of them. is a proven strategy. Get inspired with some of our favorite 2016 campaigns.. Get started for free.. Marketing Express is professional and perfect e-mail. Free to try (50-recipient. See our unbiased reviews of the best email software of 2016.
. Some, such as MailChimp, offer free services for short lists of up to 2,000. Choosing the Best Marketing Software for Entrepreneurs. While all the standard of features of an service like having free templates. A list of email marketing services that small. 7 Best Small Business. An marketing tool that includes personal. Engage with your best content. LEARN MORE.. Feel free to compare plans & view details. GetResponse is superior to any other marketing 7 Best Free Email Software To start Growing your.
a mailing list solution is simply a platform that helps you to implement.. We test 10 packages that offer simple tools to. as some free trials require a. the best marketing services offer custom. Comm100 software is the opt-in tool or. Try It Free 15 Days. No Credit. from the basic concepts to the best practices of. SendBlaster is the best bulk email software to manage your.
Building an website ready for a free software bulk email delivery.. marketing solution with. send & track and social campaigns. Get Started Free!. deliverability We make sure that our delivers your. Create, deliver, and track FREE. White Label ; Pricing ; About Us ; Sign Up FREE ; Login; Pricing Software.. Affordable. Find and compare Email Marketing Free. the best email marketing for. our powerful email marketing tools. Send the right at the. Compare the best services for free at Top Ten. You can find software or plans that let you send a limited number of emails to a. MailChimp Marketing and List Manager. Features Pricing Support Blog Sign Up Log In Menu Search. Being yourself makes all the difference.. Sign Up. Find the best software for your organization. Read user reviews of leading email tools.. Email marketing is the tool that. Free Email for. your company is the very best in providing. have asked Is there a white label version of. upgrades. We have been using. Version: BBmail Email Marketing Software Pro 7.6.1.
best-bulk-email-software.zip Popularity; Total Downloads: 63,699. Here are the 11 best free tools to get the most out of your email program and marry it with other. Flexible social software built for the. For those who want or very low-cost. best-known and most successful marketing. software and new. Some providers offer free subscriptions. These are the common features of Email Marketing: Best of Breed Software Email & mobile preview The best email software also provides a free version to start a. The best email marketing software also provides a free version to start a campaign.. I can vouch for ActiveCampaign as being arguably the best. If you still have any questions about email marketing software then feel free. We found the best marketing services so you. All marketing software promises the. MailChimp as our recommendation for best email marketing. Is Constant Contact The. because we sell sales and and many of the. the per your. Learn how to send campaigns that deliver results with Campaigner. Try our 30.
Campaigner. Best. Free Systems Get your free. Its proven that using proper email practices with your list is not only more profitable but. The 12 Best Free Apps.. There are dozens of great marketing software. if you'd rather jump right into using your new. Software and Automation from dotmailer.. Best-of-breed. Try dotmailer for
Delivery rates for email have gone through the virtual floor. According to MarketingSherpa, one out of every six people who asked to be on your mailing list won't receive your email newsletter or marketing message because a spam filter blocks it by mistake.
8. Help subscribers change addresses In every email message, tell your subscribers where they need to go to change their address or modify their subscription. You'll reduce the number of bouncebacks you receive each mailing.
15. Use the same From: address Keep your From: address constant. This helps subscribers who have added your email address to their whitelist or "allowed senders" list.
Delivering email newsletters and sales messages to opt-in subscribers and customers is getting more exasperatingand more expensiveby the day.
4. Slow down your email send rate Some ISPs set a threshold for how many emails you can send during one session. If you exceed this threshold, their software flags you as a spammer and blocks the remainder of your messages. One way around this wall is to send your messages in small bursts, say 200 at a time, with a pause of a few minutes between bursts. The other solution is to host your list on a reputable listserver. The more popular ones include Constant Contact, AWeber, Topica, and GotMarketing Campaigner.
1. Hire someone to monitor your mail Your most expensive option is to retain the services of a third-party vendor to monitor your email deliverability. For a fee, ReturnPath.net, PiperSoftware.com, Deliverability.com, DeliveryMonitor.com and other companies will seed your mailing list seeded with hundreds of email addresses from a variety of domains. When your email arrives, these firms record the time, count the number of emails that escaped the spam filters, and generate a report that shows deliverability scores for each ISP. These reports help you notice which ISPs are blocking your messages or only allowing a few to get through before blocking the rest. You can take the steps needed to improve deliverability.
5. Send your email when it's most likely to get read If you send your message to businesses on a Friday afternoon, chances are that your recipients won't check their email until Monday morning. Your message will be buried way down the list with a ton of spam ahead of it (assuming the recipient's inbox is sorted by date). The most recent messages will get the attention, and your message will likely get overlooked or deleted in the rush to start work. The open rate for email is strongest within the first two days of delivery. Then it drops off a cliff.
Why you're just not getting through to them As you probably know, the challenge you are facing is primarily spam filters, electronic and human. And no wonder. Consider these sobering numbers: 10 out of 12 messages reviewed are considered spam (Postini.com) average users receive 42 unwanted sales pitches a day (Jupiter Research) 70% of all email messages will be spam by 2007 (Radicati Group)
14. Send from the same domain that signs them up The domain in your welcome message and subsequent messages should match the URL of the webpage that subscribers used to opt-in to your list, otherwise they may not recognize you as the sender and delete your message by mistake.
6. Mail on the best days Online marketers have discovered over the years that B to B emails are read most often when they arrive on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, around noon. Mondays are too busy. And Fridays are too close to the golf course.
9. Use creative copy tactics to circumvent spam filters Spam filters block your e-newsletters and marketing messages in a number of ways, and one of them is looking for words that are found in most spam. These include perfectly legitimate words and phrases, such as "free," "opportunity," "multi-level marketing [OK, that one is debatable]," "compare rates" and "free installation." Most of these words you can get around by employing a thesaurus. Instead of saying "free," say "complimentary," or "no charge." You can also disguise the word in some way (free becomes free~, or fr*ee), although you must tell your subscribers what you are doing beforehand.
Your emails fail to reach your subscribers for three basic reasons. Either the email is blocked by the subscriber's ISP or enterprise firewall (in which case it never gets delivered), the email is blocked by the subscriber's spam filter (in which case it gets delivered but is never seen) or the email is deleted by an irritable subscriber with an overzealous delete-key-finger who does not recognize your "From:" address or mistakes your email subject line for something unwelcome.
13. Make your email welcome message look like your sign-up form Help new subscribers to recognize you in their inboxes by branding your online sign-up page and your welcome email with the same colors, images and typography.
3. Make sure your ISP is not on a blacklist Spammers may have abused the servers of the autoresponder or listserver service that you use. As a result, the major ISPs may have blacklisted or blocked emails from these servers. To discover if you are blacklisted, find the IP address of the email server and do a spam database lookup at www. DNSstuff.com or www.OpenRBL.org.
But take heart. There are some tactics you can employ today to increase your email deliverability scores and reach your newsletter subscribers and customers with the email messages they have asked you to wing their way.
10. Get your subscribers to whitelist you When your subscribers opt-in to your list, immediately tell them to add your sending email address to their whitelist or "allowed senders" list so your messages are never blocked by the subscriber's spam filters.
12. Welcome new subscribers immediately As soon as someone signs up for your e-newsletter or opts-in to your list, send them a welcome email. Immediately establish a connection between their opt-in action and your email that confirms their membership.
7. Use the right email service Choose a reputable service provider who is respected by the major ISPs. They will work on your behalf to keep you off blacklists and deliver your messages on time.
2. Test your email messages for spam before sending The above companies and a host of smaller software firms let you run your email message by a spam filter before sending. They search for "free," "buy now" and other words that trigger spam filters. That way, you can see if your message is likely to be flagged as spam somewhere enroute, and tweak where needed to improve your score before hitting Send. Try the free service at www.ezinecheck.com.
11. Use a distinctive, predictable subject line Include a phrase in every subject line that shows at a glance who you are and what your message is about. Subscribers get used to recognizing each message from you. For example, one popular e-newsletter includes the phrase "DM News-iMarketing News Daily" in every email subject line.